This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Irish Water
Now I have your attention, this is not about the many whom use this as their only stance to make a name for themselves, the thugs who use it to somehow justify abusing people yet do nothing for the country, those whom now have an identity around IW on FaceBook etc. 

Do you know how I protested my unhappiness with IW? That's right I didn't pay. 

Did anyone have to lift me out of a hole? NO
Did I stop people earning a living and paying tax that keeps half the scum complaing about IW at home where they can "protest"? NO
Did I hold up the traffic stopping tax payers going to work? NO 
Have I made my point? Absolutely. 

Anyway, the water looks to be shit!!

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/broth...98556.html
"Choose to be great, choose to be powerful beyond measure"
Email me Here
The Couch, an area to discuss issues of Welfare, Discipline, Peer Support and Concern
Stresskills for further articles and information
I dont pay, my lodger does. I had to pay last January, 15 euro.

I personally dont have an issue with paying for water. I pay for food and electricity already and if it makes people be a little more aware of conservation, great.
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
There was zero trouble here when the meters went in. People left them at their job, they put the meters in, and fecked off. No hassle!! People just won't pay. Simple as that! From what I heard, a few usual heads came down to a protest that didn't happen.

If the water was safe, and not filled with shite......... Then paying wouldn't be a huge deal. But over charging, and forcing meters for a broken system of undrinkable water was the biggest waste.
When you think about it, an unhinged ferris wheel rolling towards the sea, is just a windmill full of corpses.
I'll always remember when this was muted first, they had a leading expert from Trinity on to say if they charged us once and used that money to fix the leaks and upgrade the pipes we'd have no problems, as the taxes all ready paid where used to run and clear the water treatment plants with no issue. 

As a country I think before this we were very mindful of water conservation, we teach our kids from the earliest of ages about conservation and green issues and although it's vital that we do our bit and live on this beautiful planet responsibly, at our size we make very little impact on the planet. Our carbon footprint is tiny. 

Phil Hogan brought IW to the state in line with European directives but he did so with little or no discussion or management, this was wrong he then fecked off to Europe whilst not paying his own water bills in Spain. 

Now two wrongs don't make a right and as adults we are responsible and should pay for services but what Hogan and his gang refused to look at is that the pipes are lead lined in many areas, that repairs as highlighted early on in the non debate need to be fixed and upgraded. This resulted in them ignoring advice and setting up IW at a time whe the working tax paying people were being screwed. We had a right to say no and Seek a better way. After all it is our country.

Now because this was done at a time when promises were broken, bankers paid off, unemployment, debt etc the level of unhappiness was immense. All understandable, sadly however this one issue saw the good people come out of their homes to protest but along came the thugs and scum whom saw it as a way to abuse Gardai, to win favour within communities and to make a name for themselves to get elected by thicks. These thugs and scum took away the normal people's rights to say no.

Weighing all this up I felt my best way to protest was not to pay, I'll pay all fair taxes but am now at the point of no longer wanting to pay to right the wrongs of others. That includes those whom abuse the system daily and still think they have a right to moan! They are the ones who should be fucked out of the country.
"Choose to be great, choose to be powerful beyond measure"
Email me Here
The Couch, an area to discuss issues of Welfare, Discipline, Peer Support and Concern
Stresskills for further articles and information
I cant agree with some of your comments, regardless of how the money is taken, its still taken. By billing for water they have freed up tax that was used in the past. Now, we can argue till the cows come home about how well tax money is being spent but I suspect we largely agree on that already. 

Now, in regards the protest, I actually dont think theres that much protest, theres a violent group that are bussing themselves around and making numbers look bigger but in all honesty, how many estates have seen protests? A dozen? 20? Out of hundreds.

the PPS numbers thing? Jesus, why cant anyone in government call a spade a spade, the only pay that gave a fuck about handing the number over where those that were fucking over the system already and wanted it both ways. So now they live together but claim they dont giving him his dole and her her single mothers but also claim a nice dollop of free water allowance by claiming theres more people (kids) in each house than there is.

If everyone registered with IW I reckon wikipedia would need to be updated to reflect the overnight doubling of our population  22
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
My question to the anti Irish Water brigade is this; if water is a human right and we shouldn't have to pay for it why have you not being protesting in the towns and villages across the country that have been paying for years? 

Look at the people leading the protests, do they actually have jobs or are they the type who have everything handed to them by the state?

I'd rather not have to pay for my water but you know what? The country needs investment in its water supply and the old way wasn't working.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
When I built my house I spent thousands connecting to the local group water scheme and have since been paying for water every year. Last year the scheme quietly cut the free allowance in half and raised the per litre cost, this all coincided with the start of IW. Clean, fresh treated water costs money. Everyone should pay a little but the leaks etc should have been fixed first.
That's my problem with the Clare Daly et al general taxation argument, the hundreds of thousands of people who pay tax and have to pay for water in wells or group schemes end up subsidising those who pay feck all tax and want water free as well.
The sheer ineptitude of the rollout of Irish Water is what pisses me off and it's all down to political interference. Think about all the stages and about turns we've gone through

Every house in the state will be fitted with a meter and the less water you use the less you pay.......Ok....some houses won't have a meter in time but we'll cap the usage charge

We want your PPS number.......................oh hang we don't want it.

We're going to give you a set allowance for each kid in a house...........oh hang on we're reducing that.

Shit this metering isn't working out...........why don't we just start charging flat rates. Don't worry about the millions we've spent on fitting meters.

Lets try and keep people happy............ We'll give everyone a 100 euro " Water Conservation Grant" despite it having no connection to conserving water and you can claim it even if you don't pay your bill!!!!!!!!

You couldn't make this shit up. I actually felt sorry for the Irish Water pr staff who had to keep coming on radio to explain the constant changes made by politicians
I heard an interesting comment from one of the "change management consultants" brought in from the UK, at the time of the big switchover from local authority to IW. 

They had seen bigger transitions, and quicker transitions, but never one as big that was attempted as quickly. I still can't figure out what the big rush was.
one word @civdef - money!!!! had to be seen to be compliant with the troika directions as quick as possible
Sorry but HOW many copies of this do you want????
I am hearing that FF are claiming they will scrap Irish Water but not refund people, any truth in this claim? I cant see them doing it by any stretch but seems a crazy statement to make to law abiding citizens
(03-03-2016, 11:05 PM)Administrator Wrote: I am hearing that FF are claiming they will scrap Irish Water but not refund people, any truth in this claim? I cant see them doing it by any stretch but seems a crazy statement to make to law abiding citizens

You see is another example of how fucked up it all is. Say they disband IW and choose not to refund those who have already paid.....this means you are penalising all the pensioners who were afraid not to pay, and all the honest people who paid it even though they couldn't afford it......but all the scrotes who never bothered their bollox paying it get away scot free. It's really a backwards shitheap of a cuntry (sic).
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
This post has been repped by: Administrator (8),

I'm a scrote, I haven't paid.
I haven't much time for the shite that went on with the protests but I agree with the sentiments.
The water infrastructure was dire and badly needed upgrading but as a local authority employee, I know the simple fact was that the same work Irish Water are doing now, could be done if the local authority were allowed bill.
I don't know if anyone remembers the 1980s but the councils bilked for "service" charges at the time. This supposedly covered water, sewage and refuse. Then refuse was privatised. Then after a few years the charges were dropped.
There's hardly a day goes by, but there's an email looking for redeployment for some form of analyst or supervisor or whatnot for IW. Their staffing must be incredible. All the local authority staff who were already working in the relevant water section have transferred over to IW and the local authority are the "agent" for IW anyway.
I don't know what way it's going to work out, but any hope of getting me to pay now is gone.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
This post has been repped by: LPP (4),

I'm not calling you a scrote, you're an intelligent guy and I'm sure you get my point.  19
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
(05-03-2016, 11:44 AM)MRX Wrote: I'm not calling you a scrote, you're an intelligent guy and I'm sure you get my point.  19

Jeez get a room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if this offends... but it's very good.
Lads iv been offline a while. Fianna Fail,hmm. Now this party is ultimately responsible for the mess that local authority funding finds itself in as their populist 1977 manifesto laid the roots by failing to "reform" domestic rates choosing instead to abolish them, along with motor tax. Of course as we all know motor tax was quickly reinstated. Rates should have been reformed: local taxes are a mainstay of ALL our European partners and are readily applied by a certain all island political party in government in Northern Ireland. Now in Northern Ireland ratepayers get services. Clean treated drinkable water piped to domestic dwellings is not free, it's not cheap. Irish Water was, is and will remain a fiasco. I paid as I agree with the principle. But right now this fiasco has to end: the money's paid by all who paid should be used in the future as a credit against bills for the provision of a proper water supply. Reform Irish Water, seek funding on international money markets for upgrades to pipes. Just, for once get a job done in this country correctly

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
Should probably have been included in the local property tax at the very start, pretty much our equivalent of the UK council tax.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
(05-03-2016, 12:32 PM)Blackbolt Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 11:44 AM)MRX Wrote: I'm not calling you a scrote, you're an intelligent guy and I'm sure you get my point.  19

Jeez get a room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we do, we'll remember to bring clothes.....
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...